New and brightest-ever Dolphin LED
Eveready Dolphin and well-loved celebrity Tom Williams launch new and brightest-ever Dolphin LED
A new generation is introduced to Dolphin torches
Dolphin torches and Australian celebrity, traveler and handyman Tom Williams have launched the new and brightest-ever Dolphin LED Lantern torch in a campaign which introduces the memorable torch-throwing dolphin to a whole new generation.
As iconic as Vegemite, Dolphin torches have been a main stable in Australian identity since the late 1960s. Some have fond memories of the old dolphin advert, watching the floating waterproof torch being thrown around the pool by a loveable dolphin. Or some remember Dolphin saving the life of Sydney To Hobart yacht race survivor Garry Schipper in 1998, as rescue helicopters spotted the light from his torch amongst the waves, his Dolphin torch still in hand as he was washed overboard.
No matter which memory you have, over the past 45 years, more than 20 million Dolphin torches have been sold in Australia and New Zealand – no Australian household is complete without one. Dolphin continues to be one of the most reliable and durable range of torches around, making them ideal for a multitude of situations, including a wide range of outdoor and work activities.
The new Dolphin LED Lantern torch comes packed with a high quality LED bulb, which delivers a light output of 100 lumens and improves the efficiency of batteries used, increasing runtime by 6 times. The new high quality LED Luxeon bulb never needs replacement and is 40% brighter^ than the previous model with Xenon bulb. The new ergonomic rubber handle offers a better grip and improved comfort, while being impact resistant and a shatterproof lens help make the Dolphin LED Lantern torch tough enough to last.
Durable and reliable as always, the Dolphin range of tough, waterproof, and floating torches are suitable for every lighting need:
- At home: Blackouts, taking out the garbage, checking for possums, in the car for emergencies
- Outdoors: Camping, fishing and boating
- At work: In roofs, under residences, installing cabling, working in areas where lighting is restricted
- Tough, Waterproof and Floats
- 100 Lumens (40% brighter than Xenon bulb)
- 365 metres beam distance
- 47.5 hours runtime (6x longer than MK6 Xenon – using Eveready Super Heavy Duty 6V Battery 1209)
- Impact resistant
- Convenient: Anti-roll shape; recessed push button to avoid switching on the lantern involuntary
- Comfortable: Rubber handle for firmer grip and improved comfort
- Power Source: 6V battery (not included)
Dolphin LED Lantern torch RRP is $27.99
Stockists include: Bunnings, Masters, Mitre 10, Supercheap Auto, BCF, Blackwoods and other electrical wholesalers.