NEW Pro Series lure & fly tournament – starts 1st March
We’re excited to announce that our NEW Pro Series Lure and Fly monthly fishing tournament starts 1st March 2016. The Pro Series tournament is designed to give lure and fly anglers a platform to compete on a level playing field against other like-minded fishos.
This new monthly tournament is lure and fly only and will be the first of it’s kind in Australia and quite possibly the world. To be 100% sure the fish was caught on lure or fly, additional to normal tournament procedure contestants will be required to submit a video as proof of their catch. Selected entries will be shared on social media and the winners will be featured in a monthly winners video!
Prizes are minimum $500 value for the longest of each species and we’re kicking it off with at least 6 species.
The March Species | Sponsor | Prize list is:
Barramundi | Abu Garcia & Berkley | Abu Revo reel + Berkley braid & plastics ($500 value).
Bass | Okuma & Storm | $500 prize pack
Bream | Dream Kayaks | Dream Catcher 4 ($599 value)
Flathead | Garmin | $649 STRIKER 7dv fishfinder/GPS
Giant Trevally | Tackle HQ | $500 voucher
Golden Perch | Mako Eyewear | $500 polarised sunnies pack
Pro series membership includes standard National and State membership. 1-month Pro membership is $39, 12-months Pro membership is $249 and 12-months Pro membership with tournament shirt is $299.
*members with remaining membership can receive a pro-rata discount off Pro Series membership depending on how much membership they have left, just ask.
CLICK HERE to purchase membership:
CLICK HERE to learn how the tournament work:
Pro Series Rules/Procedure
Video footage must be one continuous clip that identifies the competitor and captures the cast right through to measuring the fish on a brag mat with competitors monthly tournament code displayed.
- When submitting fish via the ‘Submit Catch’ page contestants simply enter the fish’s length, select the species from the Pro Series drop box and attach a link to their video. Rather than submitting photos at the bottom of page contestants may submit a screenshot of their fish on the brag mat (with code) and a screenshot of them fighting or holding the fish.
- Fishing/filming must be conducted during daylight hours between first and last light.
- Lure and Fly fishing only. Lures must be actively cast and retrieved. No setting rods in holders and no trolling.
- Pro Series winners can only win 1 prize per fish. If for example your Bream wins both the Pro Series and National tournaments then your National prize will be awarded to the National runner up.
It all kicks off on 12am 1st March so start prepping your video cameras and get some practice in before it starts. You can mount your video camera on your boat, tripod, head, chest or anywhere else that we can see you competing, just remember that it needs to be easily accessible for filming you measuring your catch.
There are many brands such as GoPro that make ideal video cameras around the $300 mark and you can pick them up even cheaper second hand. We understand people may be new to using these devices so here are some tips:
- Rather than filming an entire session in one clip, record every cast or every few casts separately by pressing stop/record. This way you can filter through the rubbish clips much easier when you get home and your file sizes will be much more manageable.
- Get yourself a battery pack to effectively double your recording time.
- Clear your SD card before heading out.
- Carry a spare battery and or battery pack.
- Consider having an extra video camera as backup or to capture a different angle.
- Rather than emailing us the clip/footage, upload it to DropBox, YouTube or Vimeo and attach the link in the appropriate field on the ‘Submit Catch’ page.
Once you get the hang of it you’ll find it is very easy but if you get stuck feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.