Rapala Fish Of The Month
Submit your photo for a chance to win!
Each month we give away two Rapala prizes for the best photos of people holding their catch.
The major prize, Get Fishing’s Choice, is chosen by us and the winner receives $150 worth of Rapala gear PLUS their photo featured on our homepage.
The second prize, People’s Choice, is determined by public vote and the winner receives $50 worth of Rapala gear. Prizes vary each month.
Terms and Conditions
• Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional advertisements form part of these terms and conditions. By participating in this promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
• Entry is open to Australia residents over the age of 13, however, parents can submit photos of their kids under the age of 13. Winners under the age of 18 must be represented by a parent or guardian for the purposes of claiming and collecting their prize.
• Competition is open to Australian residents only. Owners, employees or administrators of Get Fishing and immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
• This is a Fish Of The Month competition and all photos must include the person who caught the fish holding up their catch. The fish must be fresh out of the water (alive) and not dead. Only photos of fish caught during the current month will be valid. Entries of fish caught previously will be disqualified.
• Photos of sharks will not be accepted nor will photos of fish caught while commercial fishing or on board commercial fishing vessels. Photos of fish caught by paying customers aboard fishing charters are ok and will be accepted.
• The promotion runs each month and entries are to be submitted by 11.59pm Australian Western Standard Time (WST) on the last day of the month. Only entries received by this time will be valid.
• To enter the competition you MUST be a Get Fishing member. If you are not currently a member simply register as a member here: http://getfishing.com.au/register/
• How to enter: 1) Entries can either be posted in our Rapala Fish Of The Month forum or posted to our Get Fishing Facebook page. 2) You must tell us briefly about the fish, who is holding the fish, what date you caught it, where you caught it and what you caught it on.
• There is no entry fee for participation in the promotion.
• Winner: There will be two winners each month. 1) The major prize winner will be chosen by public vote. We will post the finalists in the forum and on Facebook for 5 days where people can vote for the winner (one vote per person). 2) The winner of the minor prize will be selected by our judges based on quality of the fish as well as quality of the photo. Winners will receive the Rapala prizes advertised for the relevant month.
• The monthly winners of the competition will be determined within 7 days after the end of the month and notified by phone or email by a representative of Get Fishing. The winner will be announced online at www.getfishing.com.au on and on our Facebook Page.
•The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
• The prize will be posted (registered post) to winners within two weeks (14 days) of the date on which the winner accepts the prize. We cannot, however, guarantee delivery of these prizes by a specific date. Should the prize fail to be delivered by Australia Post within three weeks of the winner accepting the prize we will supply the winner with the registered post tracking number so that they may pursue delivery of the prize themselves. NO replacement prizes will be sent.
• All contestants release from, and indemnify Get Fishing, against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
• Get Fishing accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from the promotion.
• Get Fishing reserves the right to amend the rules, terms and conditions of their competitions at any time, or to suspend this or any competition, as it sees fit. Get Fishing may also create rules that apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page(s) of our website and on our Facebook page.
• Entry into this competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. Your entry indicates and attests to this. The Promoter’s decision will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without notice.
• ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TAKE WHATEVER ACTION IT CONSIDERS NECESSARY AGAINST ANY PERSON WHO IS PARTY TO THE SAID CONDUCT
• Get Fishing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant that does not comply with any of the above, even after the entry is submitted on the competition website.
• This promotion is being run by Get Fishing, PO Box 1170, Hillarys, WA, 6923.